Monday, June 21, 2010

Your High Heels

"So the other day, I went hiking. Since I'm a total klutz, I tripped a lot. One time I actually fell... but luckily he caught me. The next time I fell though, he didn't and I fell flat on my face. It was kind of hilarious."

So I went hiking the other day,
I tripped and fell flat on my face,
They left me behind saying,
"Pick up the pace.
What are you doing?
What did you expect
hiking in your damn high heels?
Doing whatever you feel.
Think once in a while.
You think you're a princess
strutting around,
in those shoes you found,
Aren't you proud
til' you fall on the ground?
Now look at you,
Tired and sore,
but you get back up and try it once more.
Falling on the floor
you look just like your mother,
who once wore those shoes
They were a gift to you
beautiful and clean,
pristine,
it was your dream, huh?
Until you put them on and the concrete was poured
to stay on your feet forevermore,
No matter how tired and sore,
How much you tore.
Now everyone can see what a fool you were you selfish whore
For all eyes to see.
Now! Look over there, beyond those trees!
There's a hiker who knows what she's doing!
Wearing her sneakers
makes everyone seem weaker."
I tripped on a root and tumbled down the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment