Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mr Chips and Your Empty Hands.

So here I am.
My hands are searching for something thats long lost.
Oh what to do when someone hands you the world,
takes it away,
and then offers you a bag of chips.
Would you take it?
Should you?
Could you?
After having all you've ever wanted,
a simple bag of chips couldn't possibly sustain you for longer than a moment.
But is it worth it?
They're really just empty calories after all.
Delicious, exciting, but only until you blink.
Is lowering your expectations, if only for a second, worth it?
With something so wonderful lingering in your brain... could you do it?
Could I?
With just the thought of the world upon my fingertips leaving me aching?
Maybe.
Maybe.
Maybe.
Perhaps its better than leaving my hands to grasp at the pale air.
Perhaps its better than sitting in a corner with nothing to my name.
Perhaps it would give me the illusion I need.
But then again.
Its just a bag of chips.

1 comment:

  1. Woahh, this relates to a part of our conversation the other day in PE. The first part...yeah. I think I'd leave the chips, and take a slice of pizza to replace the world. Because it's not the world and it's not chips, but it is a distraction. Sometimes a distraction is all you need, even if it only lasts a few seconds, those seconds give you bliss. When you come back, tiny grain sized pieces of you fall back together, and if you have enough little things, not the same thing. If you have chips, pizza, sticky notes, songs on your guitar, it'll all add up, and eventually the sand sized grains will add up and you will be together, full, youself once again.

    ReplyDelete