Saturday, May 2, 2009

You know it means trouble when you start feeling with the dumber half of your brain.

I just decided that whenever I have to do an insanely large school project, I always seem to get distracted and end up writing a blog to clear my mind, and/or clean my room. Strangely, I enjoy cleaning my room, it kind of gives me a sense of accomplishment. Plus it gives me a reason to listen to music and not feel lazy.
Anyhow... I was making a sandwich about a half hour ago and thinking, when I remembered the weirdest thing.
I was thinking about Alyse's blog, and the conversation me and Xandra had earlier. They were both kind of about sex, and how the modern world is overlooking its importance. TV and movies are kind of portraying that sex is just a form of entertainment, that everyone does it, and having sex with strangers is perfectly normal. I think its weird, personally. Making love, the phrase actually means something. It means what it says. You should reserve it for someone you truly love with all your heart. Like Nicholas Sparks says, Why would you throw away a piece of yourself, the most sacred form of love, for a few moments of pleasure?
Now, as I was making my sandwich, I remembered this one time at the beginning of 8th grade... I was standing around, waiting for my mom to pick me up after school, when one of my tenth grade friends ran up to me and a couple of my friends, glowing. The first thing she said was "Guess what!?! I lost my virginity on Friday!"
It scared me quite frankly. And also the fact that she seemed to be proud of it left me feeling slightly disturbed too.
"Who was it?"
"I don't know, some Zack kid."
"Really? Why?"
"I just decided that he was gonna be my first."
If thats your reasoning behind sleeping with someone, you need to grow up before you even think about doing something like that. But that isn't the end of the story. Then one of my other friends who was in ninth grade was like,
"Oh, I lost my virginity a few weeks ago!"
I was shocked by their nonchalant attitude toward it. I guess it just got me thinking... I couldn't imagine doing that, at the beginning of ninth grade. Losing my virginity at age 14 doesn't exactly seem like ideal lifestyle for me at least. To put myself in that situation seemed impossible, and I hope it will stay that way.

Anyhow, I should really be getting to work on that project... enough of my lame tired outlook on life. Goodnight readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment