Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A picture's worth a thousand words.

So a few months ago I found a huge file of random old family pictures on my computer, and I always kept it in mind because I love looking at pictures. Today I decided to look at them, and... theres something about them that made me want to blog, so here it goes.


I love this... I'm not sure who the people are, or even how they're related to me, but I love how this makes life look so simple... and also those little girls dresses. More girls should wear dresses again, its kind of nice in an old fashioned sort of way.



I actually know who these people are, I think they're my great grandparents. You might ask why I'm putting this picture up. My answer to that would be "I love how my great grandpa looks like he's the luckiest man alive, even though they're both clearly about 90 years old and wrinkly."
This kind of reminds me of earlier today when me and Grant were talking about our dream lovers. I would definitely add that to the list of awesome attributes: someone who will love me forever, no matter how unattractive I grow to be. I want to grow old with someone, with undying love... it might falter, but I hope I can marry someone who will supply that endless happiness. Thats why I admire old couples.



I just put this up because I thought it was hilarious that people actually used to pose like that. Dressed in a stuffy, important-looking suit... with a pipe sticking from his mouth. Silly man. Also the jaguar leaping onto his butt kinda made me laugh too.



I don't know why I liked this one so much. The crazy girl in minishorts chasing after the baby is my mom. Haha. I guess it reminded me of Juno in a way. My mom is like "RAWR" and plus I like the way her hair looks, I should bring that back in style... No seriously, I think I will.



So this one isn't too old... Its just of me coming home on the first day of Kindergarten. It trips me out that I can't remember that... it was only nine years ago, which isn't so long. It frightens me how fast time passes sometimes. All these memories are recorded from pictures, but no longer exist in my mind...



Hmm... this is the reason I love old pictures... in almost every single professional one, the person in it is beautiful. The little girl's face is almost like a porcelain doll.



Haha this is another one of my mom. Shes the one falling into the pool. This picture made me wonder who she used to be... what my mom is really like.


Anyway, so thats the last of the pictures I'm gonna share.
I was talking to Alyse about old pictures yesterday, and I think I discovered why I like looking at them so much.
Its true, pictures are worth a thousand words... correction: They're worth every memory, every thought, every experience. Theres only so much you can read with your eyes. Theres so much more to a picture than just the expression on the persons face, the pose they're in, the scenery behind them. Every picture tells a story, and I find myself wondering what the characters were like. What they thought, how people saw them, their personality...

Anyway, its late, I gotta sleep. Night everyone. sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment